Sunday, July 17, 2016

I don't see myself doing gospel music again - Simi

Fast rising musician, Simi has opened up on why she left gospel music and the price of fame.Excerpts from her interview with Punch


You began your career as a gospel act. Why did you go mainstream?

The first thing that comes to the mind is that I did it for monetary reasons. However music became about ‘more’; I wanted to have a broader purview. It was a tough decision for me to make at first. I wanted to explore music more. My faith in God hasn’t waivered because before I went mainstream, I prayed to God to bless my career if it was his plan for me. I also don’t see myself doing gospel music again.

What has fame cost you?

I don’t go out much but I love to go to regular places. I can’t do so any longer and I miss having a regular life because I am a regular girl.

Are you currently dating anyone?

I am in a relationship with someone else who is not Falzthebahdguy; we are just friends.  y man is  mature and understands the fact that I may be erroneously romantically linked with an artiste simply because we work on music projects together.

No comments:

Post a Comment